Terms & Conditions
Welcome to STATEMENTS. STATEMENTS is brought to you by STATEMENTS STORE Ltd (referred to in these Terms as “we”, “us”, “our”, and “STATEMENTS”).
We are registered in England and Wales under company number 10276643 and with our registered office at: Companies House, 4 Abbey Orchard Street, Westminster, London, SW1P 2HT. Our main trading address is: 102 Buxhall Crescent, Hackney Wick, London, E9 5JZ.
1. YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
2. MODIFICATION OF TERMS
STATEMENTS reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify the Terms of Service as the form and nature of our Services are always evolving and may change from time to time without prior notice to you. Additionally, STATEMENTS may stop (temporarily or permanently) providing the Services (or any features within the Services) to you or to users generally and may not be able to provide you with prior notice.
The Services may include advertisements, which may be targeted to the Content or information on the Services, queries made through the Services, or other information. The types and extent of advertising by STATEMENTS on the Services are subject to change. In consideration for STATEMENTS granting you access to and use of the Services, you agree that STATEMENTS and its third party providers and partners may place such advertising on the Services or in connection with the display of Content or information from the Services whether submitted by you or others.
3. BUYING PRODUCTS THROUGH STATEMENTS
STATEMENTS is an online intermediary which partners with emerging designers and pioneering stores to bring you the world’s best offering of sustainable and ethical fashion to buy.
- Buying on a STATEMENTS Partner website
Please note that STATEMENTS has no responsibility for the fulfilment of your order. You should contact the Partner from whom you have bought the item directly in respect of any queries you have on the delivery, refund, exchange or return of the items you purchase. While STATEMENTS will strive to ensure the accuracy of Partner sustainability and ethical credentials, STATEMENTS holds no responsibility for guaranteeing the Partner upholds their claims.
- Current Nature of Pricing
STATEMENTS strives to ensure that the prices stated in the Offers displayed on the Site are as up-to-date as possible and that the prices on the Site are updated frequently. However, please note that the prices are determined by the Partners and may have changed since the most recent update of the Site. In the event of a conflict between the price set out in an Offer and the price on a Partner’s website, the actual price of the product or service displayed on the Partner’s website at the time of the User’s proposed purchase will be definitive. For technical reasons, it is not possible to update the prices in real time. In exceptional cases, it may happen that the products or services displayed in an Offer cannot be purchased at the price stated on the Site or the product or service may no longer be available wholly or in a particular variation (including size and colour).
4. ELIGIBILITY TO USE SERVICES
You must be 13 years or older to use our Services. If you believe that a child under 13 has used our Services and provided us any information, please contact us at [email protected] By accessing the Services, you represent and warrant to STATEMENTS that: (i) you are an individual (i.e., not a corporation) at least 13 years old; (ii) you are of legal age to form a binding contract or have your parent’s permission to do so; (iii) all registration information you submit is accurate and truthful and you will maintain the accuracy of such information; (iv) you are legally permitted to use and access the Services and take full responsibility for your access, selection and use of the Services.
Access to the Services is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Services without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason the Services are unavailable at any time or for any period. We reserve the right to modify, restrict access or terminate access to the Services at any time.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some or all parts of our Services.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to Services. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access Services through your internet connection are aware of these Terms, and that they comply with them.
5. COMPETITIONS AND PROMOTIONS
STATEMENTS may on occasion run competitions or promotions either on its own behalf, for other parties or in conjunction with the STATEMENTS Partners. These will be subject to additional rules and conditions which will be made available at the time of any such competition or promotion.
The website is owned by STATEMENTS STORE LTD and the data controller is STATEMENTS STORE LTD.
7. CONTRACT EXECUTION
Your personal data will be used to provide the information, goods and services offered through our website to you.
8. EMAIL NEWSLETTER
- If you sign up to our newsletter we may use your email address to send you information about products or services.
- You can opt out of these at any point and you can ask for personal data to stop being recorded at any time.
9. COOKIES & MONITORING
- Strictly necessary cookies –These are cookies that are essential to the operation of our website and service.
- Analytical/performance cookies – These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our website.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our website.
- Targeting cookies – these cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed.
- We may monitor traffic to our site and collect the following information:
- i) The IP address of your computer
- ii) The website from which you were referred / directed to our Site
- The reasons for this are:
- i) To make ongoing improvements to our website based on this data
- ii) To see our most popular sources of business
10. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
We may disclose your personal data:
- To other companies within our group
- If we sell our business
- To agents and service providers
- In cases where we are required by law to pass on information or if we believe action is necessary for fraud, cyber crime or to protect the website, rights, personal safety of person/s.
We may also disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to our website (customers and sales) in order to describe our services to prospective partners (advertisers, sponsors) and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
If you are concerned about your data, you have the right, subject to the payment of a small fee, to request access to personal data which may be held or processed about you.
- Copyrights. All materials displayed or performed on the Services, or which may be available for your download (including, but not limited to text, blogs, graphics, articles, photographs, images, illustrations and video (also know as the “the Content”), are protected by copyright. You shall abide by all copyright notices, trademark rules, information, and restrictions contained in any Content accessed through the Services, and shall not use, copy reproduce, modify translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, upload, display, license, sell or otherwise exploit for any purpose whatsoever any Content or other proprietary rights not owned by you, (i) without the express prior written consent of the respective owners, and (ii) in any way that violates any third party right.
- Personal, Non-Commercial Use. The Services, and their Contents are intended solely for your personal, non-commercial use (except as specifically and expressly agreed in writing by STATEMENTS) in connection with a specific feature of the Service only and may only be used in accordance with the terms of this Agreement. You may download or copy the Content for personal, non-commercial use only, provided that you maintain all copyright and other notices contained in such Content. You shall not copy or store any Content except for personal, non-commercial use unless you have prior written permission from an officer of STATEMENTS, or from the copyright holder identified in such Content’s copyright notice. You shall not store any significant portion of any Content in any form.
- Redistribution. You may display images of sets from the Website on other websites for non-commercial use, provided that you do so with the embed code provided by STATEMENTS. You may not alter the embed code in any way. You may not distribute any content from the Website without written consent from STATEMENTS otherwise. Images of the Website are intellectual property of the copyright owner and may not be used for commercial use without permission from the owner. Additionally, if you want to make commercial use of the Service, you must enter into an agreement with STATEMENTS to do so in advance.
12. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
While STATEMENTS endeavours to only display sound Offers in terms of content and lawfulness, STATEMENTS disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for the content, correctness, completeness, legality, reliability, completeness, quality or suitability of the Offers or operability or availability of information or material displayed in the STATEMENTS Service pages. STATEMENTS disclaims any responsibility for the deletion, failure to store, misdelivery, or untimely delivery of any information or material. STATEMENTS disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from downloading or accessing any information or material on the Internet through the STATEMENTS Service.
13. CHANGES IN TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND STATEMENTS
STATEMENTS may modify or terminate our services from time to time, for any reason, and without notice, including the right to terminate with or without notice, without liability to you, any other user or any third party. STATEMENTS reserves the right to modify these Terms and Conditions from time to time without notice. Please review these Terms and Conditions from time to time so that you will be apprised of any changes.
YOU SHALL INDEMNIFY US AND KEEP US FULLY INDEMNIFIED ON DEMAND FROM AND AGAINST ALL LIABILITIES, COSTS, EXPENSES, DAMAGES AND LOSSES, LEGAL COSTS (CALCULATED ON A FULL INDEMNITY BASIS) AND ALL OTHER REASONABLE PROFESSIONAL COSTS (INCLUDING COSTS OF DEFENCE OF CLAIMS, SUITS OR PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT BY THIRD PARTIES)) AND EXPENSES SUFFERED OR INCURRED BY US ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, THE CONTENT, YOUR BREACH OF THESE TERMS AND/OR AS A RESULT OF YOUR VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND/OR AS A RESULT OF YOUR VIOLATION OF ANY APPLICABLE LAWS OR REGULATIONS.
We reserve the unconditional right to suspend, withdraw, terminate, amend or restrict access to some parts of the Services, or to the Services entirely, to you at any time immediately without notice for any reason, including (without limitation) in circumstances where;
(i) we have reasonable grounds to suspect unauthorised or fraudulent use of the Services;
(ii) we reasonably suspect that you have not complied with these Terms; or
(iii) we reasonably suspect a breach of confidentiality or infringement of our intellectual property rights by you or a third party; and to the maximum extent permitted by the law, we expressly exclude all relevant conditions, warranties of any kind (either express or implied) and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity in relation to any liability that you may claim we owe to you in respect of such suspension, withdrawal or amendment.
On termination of these Terms (for whatever reason) all licences and rights granted to you in relation to the Services shall immediately come to an end.
15. WAIVER AND SEVERABILITY
The failure of STATEMENTS to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be deemed a waiver of such right or provision. In the event that any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect.
Governing Law And Jurisdiction:
The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to or your use of the Services. These Terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
These Terms are the entire and exclusive agreement between STATEMENTS and you regarding the Services (excluding any services for which you have a separate agreement with STATEMENTS that is explicitly in addition or in place of these Terms), and these Terms supersede and replace any prior agreements between STATEMENTS and you regarding the Services. Other than members of the group of companies of which STATEMENTS is the parent, no other person or company will be third party beneficiaries to the Terms.
You acknowledge that you have not, in agreeing to these Terms, relied on any representation, warranty or undertaking not expressly incorporated in them.
If any provision of these Terms is found by a proper authority to be unenforceable or invalid, such unenforceability or invalidity shall not render these Terms unenforceable or invalid as a whole and in such event, such provision shall be changed and interpreted so as to best accomplish the objectives of such unenforceable or invalid provision within the limits of applicable law or applicable court decisions.
If a dispute arises between you and us, we strongly encourage you to first contact us directly to seek a resolution at the address given below or via e-mail at [email protected] We will consider reasonable requests to resolve the dispute through alternative dispute resolution procedures, such as mediation or arbitration, as alternatives to litigation.
Any failure by us to exercise any right or remedy under these Terms does not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy.
The Services licensed personally to you and you may not assign, license, sub-license or transfer any right or obligation of these Terms to any third party.
We may transfer any of our rights or obligations under these Terms to any third party but if we do so we will ensure that any company to whom we transfer our rights or obligations will continue to honour your rights under them.
Nothing in these Terms shall be deemed to constitute a partnership between the parties nor constitute either party the agent or employee of the other for any purpose.
STATEMENTS may revise these Terms from time to time, the most current version will always be at statementsstore.com/terms-conditions/. If the revision, in STATEMENTS sole discretion, is material STATEMENTS will notify you via an e-mail to the email associated with your account. By continuing to access or the Services after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms.
These Services are operated and provided by STATEMENTSSTORE Ltd., 102 Buxhall Crescent, Hackney Wick, London, E9 5JZ. If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us.
Effective: 19th April 2017.